THE WRONG HAND !!



I remember an incident happened when I was studying in UKG. We were writing something in the textbook and our teacher came to me and looked at me for a while. It was her first day in our class.

The teacher asked, "why are you writing with the left hand?"

I looked at her at her but couldn't say anything. Actually I didn't understood what she meant. Also, at that age, I hardly knew which was left and which was right. I've heard those words, that's it. 

She asked me that again. She was curious. 
But I was confused. That was the first time somebody asked me that question. So I didn't know what to say.

Then she began to preach me the 'left and right' thing forgetting the rest of the class.
"This is 'edathu' (left), this is 'valathu' (right)..."

As I mentioned earlier, back then I was not sure about right and left, especially with its Malayalam terms. 

She tried her best to make me aware that I'm writing with the 'wrong hand' and should write with the right hand.
I nodded though I didn't get what she said.

It was the first time somebody asked why I was writing with left hand, but not the last.

Yes. I write with my left hand. 
World's 10% of population are left handers. 
Actually, the exact word for people like me is, sinistral. And why do we write with left hand? Because we are born that way.
And I can't understand some people's obsession with the right hand.
I don't know.

For some people it is unnatural to write with the left hand. Luckily, my parents saw that as a uniqueness. 

I'll tell you another incident. When I was in 10th standard, I used to go for tuition in an institution nearby my home.
Mainly for 3 reason :
1) It's 10th standard man! 
2) My friends go there.
3) My crush was also there. 

One day, one of our teachers came to me and sat down next to us. Our bench, me and my friends, were the most talkative. But that day, unlike pouring advises and scolding, she began to talk about my left hand. 

"It is okay that you're writing with the left hand."
She said.

I smiled. 

She continued; "But try writing with right and do it as a practice during the vacation. So that, you can write with your right hand thereafter."

In my mind, I thought of asking her, why would I change because you didn't like it. 
But I didn't.

I don't know why people become uncomfortable with this. Luckily, nowadays nobody cares whether you are left handed or right, which is a good thing. 
By the way, why should anyone care about others things?













Comments

  1. Some of the right handers like me try to write with left but ... actually we fail to do that ...oh man u r so lucky ... Usually lefties are creative and unique....great work dear ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment