WHY OVERTHINKING SUCKS

  
When people are bored, tired and demotivated they looks for motivation around them, search motivation speech/videos from YouTube, looks for Jay Shetty and some people just sleep. And if you ever need to know the biggest source of demotivation, trust me, that's YOU!

Let me make it clear to you taking examples from my life, like I always do. It mostly happen when I go to sleep. Peacefully and calmly. Suddenly, I don't know how, your brain decides to remind me that most embarassing incident happened in my life. And just like that my sleep is ruined! Recalling again and thinking about that would makes me feel more and more embarrassing and that feels like leaving the planet. 

It can also happen in a normal day and you tend to repeatedly relive the moments that you're less proud of in your mind. If you can relate to this, or a situation less ridiculous but similar to this, you're probably an overthinker. I'm also an overthinker. Many of us are guilty of being overthinkers but remember there is nothing wrong with that. 

Also some overthinkers including me have the tendency to complicate the feelings inside. Imagine you had a conversation with someone and you didn't like a particular thing he/she said. After some time, you'll be thinking about that exact thing only, which you didn't like out of the whole conversation. After the whole intrapersonal communication, you comes to the conclusion that - you're the one who's wrong.

The mind sometimes act like today's news channel debates which already fixed the 'accused' but still continue the 'trial'. I don't know whether everybody can relate to this. I've experienced this. It's depressing. 

And this intrapersonal communication, I mean, making an argument with one's self is most common. It has two possible outcomes - positive and negative, like any other thing. But sometimes I feel, our brain has a slight inclination towards the negative side. Which ultimately ruins the mood.

Then comes the infamous, "മറ്റുള്ളവർ എന്തു വിചാരിക്കും?"  ( what will others think? )

This is common. And this same feeling is what causes such serious negative conversation in the mind.

But there are positive aspects too. Being an overthinker make you good at critical thinking. 
You'll be sympathetic to others and their problems. 

If you have a problem with overthinking then I would say just try to put anything in perspective. And try overthinking the good things in your life rather than bad. Sometimes the negative thoughts can create a problem that not even existed.

 


   

Comments

Post a Comment